Friday, February 9, 2018

Well, We Got On the Ship!


When you and 3000 of your closest (or soon to be) friends board a ship at the same time, there is sure to be chaos and confusion. Why oh why did revolving doors cause such a disruption in a normal life? Well, for one, if the door is stopped due to there being so many people crammed in it, that can cause an issue. Or, better yet, if you have no idea it is a revolving door and you think it is a ride, like an elevator. The door was stopped when I approached it, the floor where the door was was different than the rest of the floor, the section of the door that was going out to the pool area was crammed full of people and someone said, "Wait, let more people get in before you go." So, thinking it was a ride of some sort, we crammed more people in. Finally, the door began to turn and when we arrived pool side, it was a huge epiphany, "Oh, that is a revolving door, as in, an everyday normal, run of the mill, revolving door...nothing too complicated!" It took a really long time on the ship for that to become normal.

(I tried to put a video in, but it won't let me...sorry)



I know my last installment was about getting on the ship. I cannot remember what we did after we finally found Leila.

Leila had found a seat at the Jordan Feliz and Zach Williams concert. She was fine, we knew she would be but we worried about her anyway. Funny thing, we told Plumb (Tiffany) that we were sisters and there were four of us, but we had lost two.

She sadly said, "Oh, I'm so sorry." But we explained, just lost them on the ship, not lost them to death. It was a pretty funny moment. Be careful when you tell someone you lost someone else, they may misunderstand.

Speaking of losing, I have not yet found the $5 I was promised at the start of the cruise. I am wondering if Larry will ever get change.


I cannot remember if we heard a concert on the pool deck that night. We may have, but I cannot recall who it was.

So, let's say, Day 2!

We got up and went to breakfast. This was the day we could get off the ship and head to Freeport. We had not scheduled any excursions and just decided to go to the market right at the port and see what was happening there. We thought about venturing into the city but never really made it that far.




 We bought a few items and Renee and I got a braid. Kathy and I got a can of pop (as we call it here in the midwest) from a street vendor. He was hilarious. The pop was free, the price of the straw was $1. Somehow, he made $1 whether you wanted the straw or not. He had a line though and it made us laugh, "Don't let dehydration ruin your vacation!" His pop was cold and he had Dr. Pepper. It was sugar sweetened and I couldn't drink the whole can because of how sweet it was. But, I was not about to get dehydrated!!



No comments:

Post a Comment