Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Today I did two new things. First, I went to a Zumba class. It was hard and I am so not coordinated, but I gave it my all and had a great time. I don't know that I can continue that once I get back to my normal work schedule, but I will try to see if I can find an evening class.

I dusted off some books (literally) that I need to get back into. I had started to read and do the study guide 9 years ago and let it slip but I am going to try once again. The book is "The Power of a Praying Parent." I am encouraged by the first chapter which says that prayer is vital to the life of a child no matter the age or the stage in their life. I have found I have really neglected the area of praying for my children, I do better at worrying for them and trying to control ever aspect of their lives, rather than trusting that they are the gift God has given and that he is there every second of every minute of every hour of every day.....I don't need to be!!

So, we will see how well I do. Hopefully, this blog will keep me accountable. Like Julie in the movie, she needed something. I guess I do too.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment