Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dad's Birthday Celebration Part 2

You can't have a party without gifts. What do you give the man who may not have everything, but has everything he needs? (or it gets lost in the nursing home laundry) I had a senior picture of Dan that I got back from Mom's apartment. I already have that exact picture on the wall in my living room, didn't feel I needed another of the same. So, I gave the picture back to Dad. I also gave him the picture of Mom and Dad that we used for Mom's obituary. When he opened the picture of Dan, he looked around the room, kind of seemed to be looking for who was in the picture. Then he grunted. Not really sure what the grunt meant. He opened the other picture and didn't really react much to it, but boy he loved the paper. He spent the rest of our time there playing with the paper from the gifts. I took it at the end of the day and put it in his activity box. He obviously liked the feel of the paper.

All in all, it was a very good day. I hope there was a little glimpse into Dad's mind that we were there. I hope he felt the love that we have for him. But if he doesn't, it doesn't really matter, just honoring him and spending time with him is time well spent.

I love you, Dad. Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates CP - it's almost like being there! Thanks for taking care of Dad!

    ReplyDelete