Monday, April 4, 2011

Dad

Jim and I went to see Dad today. It was one of the best days I have had seeing him, it was really hard to leave. I think if Jim hadn't been with me, I would have ended up staying most of the afternoon. Dad was awake and playing with his "toys" from his activity box. Mom had arranged for him to have stuff to keep his hands busy when he got antsy. I gave him an ice cream bar I had taken along with me. He "yummed" while he ate it. He was chatty and trying to tell us something. He even tried to sing. I have not seen him like this since he has been in care. It was rather enjoyable.

One of the funniest moments though, Jim told him, "Hey, Andy, I bought a Ford!" Dad got a huge smile on his face when he looked over at me. It is the one and only time I did not have my phone with me, I would have loved to taken his picture when he smiled like that. It was as though he knew that Jim was finally converted to Ford!!

I know that Dad does not have cognition of who we are and what we are doing there. I am just so thankful for the time I get to be with him. I cannot believe how much it gives me pleasure, it used to hurt so much to think of where he is at but now, my visiting him means more to me than it does for him. It is as though now I can tell him everything I want and it won't matter if it is good or bad, he doesn't get upset with me. I love him, he is a wonderful dad, I can't wait until we are all whole and spend eternity together.

No comments:

Post a Comment