Monday, April 19, 2021

12 Marriage Promises

 I found this list in an old notebook shortly before getting married. It was handwritten by me, I do not recall ever seeing it before. I thought it timely as I enter into a new marriage. I gladly shared these promises with Michael on the night of our wedding. I hope to be able to carry through on these. It is great food for thought.


12 Marriage Promises


I promise to never flirt, lust, or desire the attention of someone of the opposite sex.

I promise to never expect a 50/50 marriage.

I promise to make the gospel the mission of our marriage.

I promise to love who you are today, not what I want you to be.

I promise you will never be responsible for my happiness.

I promise to make my expectations clear. 

I promise to never say, “I forgive you,” unless I mean it. 

I promise to be FOR you, to encourage your dreams, to help you become the man God created you to be.

I promise to never complain about our marriage, in general or you in particular to others.

I promise to believe the best is yet to come, regardless of how good or bad things are today.

I promise to protect our marriage from outside influences, including kids, work, and in-laws.

I promise to surround our marriage with a community of Christians who will encourage and support us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment