Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Green Smoothie

I started hearing about people making green smoothies and wondered what all the fuss was about. Someone connected me to the web site greensmoothiegirl.com. I went there to see what she had to say. One thing that I heard was that a good blender is a huge benefit to making a good green smoothie. I have a good blender, but I did not have the BEST blender. My sister had bought a Blendtec blender last year and when I was in Texas on vacation last month, I used it to make a smoothie and knew I really "needed" one of those.





One morning I was on line and decided to price out the Blendtec and Kathy happened to be on line too. I told her I was going to buy one and she said she would sell me hers. So, we made a deal and I got her blender. Now, I can make the green smoothie in about half the time and virtually 30 seconds of clean up.

INGREDIENTS:
I start with water and then add whatever I like.
Blueberries-frozen ones that I bought from Michigan last summer:

Banana that I freeze when they get too ripe to eat:

Strawberries that I picked last summer and froze. Now with the Blendtec I won't even need to cut the hulls out of the strawberries:

...and the rest, anything green I happen to have--this is kale, spinach, and collard greens along with carrots and an apple.


Blend by pressing the "smoothie" button.


Oh, and you can see, I used some chia seeds too...they don't mix so well, so I may just toss them in just before I drink it.

The finished product...in Ryan's fancy glass. (I drink mine out of a normal glass)

No comments:

Post a Comment