Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Chapter 3 (but not day 3)

I think I have forgotten to mention the line up during the cruise. Kind of the big deal of the event and I have left out that part.

Jason Roy-Building 429
The first night's concert was Building 429 and Mac Powell and the Family Reunion. I have always loved Mac's voice, it has been a very long time favorite of mine, so hearing him was a great treat. Speaking to him several times and riding the tender back to the ship with his family was really an added benefit. He shared in the concert that when he first started traveling with the band Third Day, they were pretty poor, etc. His wife landed a very good job as an assistant kindergarten teacher in a Christian school. That got a huge laugh. Then he brought his two kids out on stage to introduce them, they were obviously adopted. He started talking and you really thought he was going to stress the benefit of adopting kids and turned it into a request for a babysitter. I wish I could remember how he put it, but I really thought he was going to tell of the joys of adopting, in his really dry sense of humor, he totally fooled us all.

Steve Wiggins
Blogging can get very time consuming as I spend a lot of the time looking through photos.

Late night by the pool side we heard Micah Tyler perform. We were in for a treat that night for sure but then blessed for the rest of the week as he led worship in the morning worship service. These services allowed us to be ministered to in word from Steve Wiggins. He is
Micah leading worship
a powerful speaker and actually opened himself up for us to glean from him by doing the 90 Day Klove Cruise Challenge daily devotions. (This has been a really rich time of learning from him.) Steve was the lead singer for Big Tent Revival and now leads worship at Bellvue Baptist Church in Memphis. He is a great speaker and I recommend looking him up on YouTube.
Micah Tyler
You can almost see his kids
Mac at the concert
We had a couple more concerts that I need to tell you about, then I should be caught up and go on to the events of day 3.

So, day two's concert was the one I wanted to see last year and missed due to the amount of people who got seats before Kathy and I did. I may have told that story last year, I am not repeating it. But, this year I was quite excited to hear that Zach Williams was on the main stage along with Big Daddy Weave on night two.

Zach
Big Daddy Weave (Mike Weaver)
When I saw Zach the next day on the elevator, I said, "I was waiting for Zach Williams to come out on stage and then you started singing. I could not figure out who the guy with long hair was." To which he replied, "I got tired of going to the barber every week!" (see the photo below, top right is how he used to look)

I just found that I never completed this post and life got a bit busy. However, I don't want to waste all the time I spent getting these photos on here. So, day 3. 


The Line Up

Other Half

No comments:

Post a Comment