Saturday, April 20, 2019

Sad Saturday

I woke up this morning in a very sad state of emotion. I had been surprised by the fact that I hadn't had a dream since Jim died. I hadn't had any dreams that I can remember and if you know anything about me, you know I dream and remember. Well, I can't say that I hadn't dreamed since Jim died, because last night I did. It wasn't a dream about him, but a dream that he was in and I was showing him something. When I woke up, I realized that I had had that dream. I started to cry, and cry hard, like happens sometimes. It was really the first time I had done that good of a cry since about 3 weeks ago. The rest of today has been more teary than I have had in awhile.

I had made plans to go to breakfast at Bass Creek and meeting Patty there. Ends up that my friend Laurie also joined us. We had a nice breakfast and visit. As we were getting ready to leave, Dave walked in. He came right over to me and told me that tonight he was going to be baptized.

If you read my blog about the last day Jim was alive, you know, this is the Dave that Jim voiced concern about whether or not he had come to know the Lord.

I told Dave that Jim would be so happy to know this, and that I would be there to witness it.

Isn't it just like my loving God to end my what started as a sad day into one of rejoicing? Yes, it is.

There will be more to follow about some lessons I have been learning along this new journey. I hope you are being blessed by my writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment