Saturday, July 17, 2010

More Family Reunion Thoughts



As I was looking through my pictures last week, it hit me that there were two people at the reunion who were so close to no longer being with us.

I am so thankful that God saw fit to allow us many more years with Geof and Theresa. Both were involved in near death car accidents when they were younger. I do not recall the details of Geof's accident because I was in Africa then, at a time when communication to and from was delayed and sometimes non-existent. I do know though that it was serious.

Theresa was involved in a car vs. snow plow accident and the driver was killed. She was within inches of her life.

In both of these cases, many prayers were offered for their lives and thankfully, God allowed us more time with both of these. It is situations such as this that make family reunions so important. One never knows the future, but we do know that we can share the time together and value the moments we have, and the best, the future that we know that in the next life, we will have a HUGE family reunion. I pray those who are living without salvation through Jesus find it before it becomes too late.

The pictures above include the two families that are richer than they could have been because of God's wonderful grace and mercy.

1 comment:

  1. So true! Thanks for the reminder of how precious life is!

    ReplyDelete