Monday, July 12, 2010

One of the Best Week(end)s in My Life




As I look back to last week, I think it really has to be one of the absolute best times of my life. On Monday we took Ryan to camp at Sky Lodge and dropped him off for his first away from home without his parents camping experience. I knew he would be fine, I grew up at church camp and trusted that all would be well. On Tuesday, while I was at work my oldest sister and her husband arrived to help us get ready for the family reunion.

My dad's family has gotten together for a reunion every two years for the last twenty or more years. Although I have missed a few, I will try to never miss another. (If we keep having them at my house, I won't have a choice.)

I spent a couple of hours with Mike and Leila before going to work again on Wednesday evening. The rest of my immediate family except for Renee were arriving on Thursday. So, Thursday we started the process of cooking and meal planning for the weekend. Leila had worked so hard at cleaning out my freezer and refrigerator. I could not ask for a better big sister, she is such a servant and I love her so much :) We waited excitedly for the arrival of the rest, Mike, Leila, Jim and I played Rook while we waited. I learned how to play as Mike's partner....like pay attention and those cards that have 11 on them are not 1's. (Sorry Mike).

Tim and Michele texted and said they were in traffic in Chicago....always traffic in Chicago. Matt had arrived driving Mike's Mustang so that Mike and Leila could have it in Michigan where they had just weeks before moved. Kathy and Bob, Niko, LeAnn, Josh, Jonathan and Madeline were on their way from Texas and almost here!!

Around 7:30 pm, the whole gang descended upon our place. The chaos has begun. A welcome change from the life of going to work, sleeping, going to work, sleeping, going to work....you get my drift.

We ate a meal of pork chops and added goodies once everyone got settled enough to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment