Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday's Thoughts

I was in my garden this morning and the song "Heart of Worship" by Sonic Flood came to mind. "When the music fades, all is stripped away, and I simply come. Longing just to bring something that's of worth that will bless your heart. I'll bring you more than a song, for a song in itself, is not what you have required. You search much deeper within, through the way things appear, you're looking into my heart. I'm coming back to the heart of worship, its all about you, its all about you, Jesus. I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it, when its all about you, its all about you, Jesus...."

I was struck by the truth of the words of this song, when did it become about anything else? When did going to church on Sunday morning become so much other than the hour or maybe more of time set aside to just WORSHIP? What is that worship too? What does it mean to worship? There are so many things that become the "factors" in that....the music, the offering, the rituals, the color of the floor, the color of the walls, the latest story about someone....is that what we are really there for? Does worship only happen within the walls of the church? There are so many thoughts and opinions on what it all means and many thoughts and opinions of what it does not mean.

I pray that I may be in a spirit of worship, not only on Sunday morning, but on Monday night too, and every other day and hour of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment