Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas......finally

I am thankful that the celebration of Christmas is not really about the gifts or the glitz. We didn't have a tree this year, I didn't want to decorate for an empty house. We had planned of celebrating with just the four of us when we got home from Texas and before we had to head back to work and the daily grind. Well, work and grind was delayed and so was our gift giving celebration. Tonight, we finally got to it. Funny thing is, we shopped this afternoon. Talk about procrastinating, we are the King, Queen and two princes of it. We laughed about our gifts and our boys were really happy to get what they got. Dan was a bit surprised that we actually got him the iPod Touch that he wanted. I didn't want to spend that much money on him, but we did it anyway. He has a birthday soon, he won't be as lucky then ;) Ryan loved his Snuggie. I cannot believe how badly he wanted one of those, but never really asked for one. We kind of knew he wanted one since he loved using Kathy's when we were in Texas and Leila's when we were in Michigan.

Jim got cheese from Dan. Yes, that is correct, cheese. Why? Because we were out of cheese and this way, Dan had something to give Jim and something he will eat himself. Ryan got Jim a pair of gloves for moving the firewood, that is what Jim asked for. I got Jim a DVD of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" because I love that movie and wanted it. (an old trick of Dan's--buying for others what you want for yourself)

Ryan wanted me to have a new robe. The robe I have is fine, but he wanted me to have a new one. Dan bought me a metal water bottle and some Milwaukee Brewer's ornaments. I hate baseball. Not really sure what the purpose of those were other than to lessen the inventory on the shelves of JC Penney and to get them at a really good price. Jim didn't buy me a movie or anything....I made it very clear that my gift was a trip to Texas. (I think I should ask for another one since the one I got was shortened)

So, enjoy the pictures of the January 9th Christmas with Knulls!!

The boys before we opened gifts!

Cheese


Has anyone seen Ryan?


My new robe.


Oh, I almost forgot. Dan bought Jim this sweater because he didn't think Jim looked very well dressed at the memorial service and he wants Jim to look good for any future funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment