Friday, January 28, 2011

I LOVE Maps

OK, I did prior to tonight when I was helping Ryan with his homework. We worked on the map of Ancient Rome for 2-1/2 hours. It had a lot of detail and Ryan is quite sloppy, so we had to work very slowly on the project. We had to Google each of the items to put on the map because despite the map having a page number in the book, it was not a complete map. I felt very good working on this with him because neither of us got overly frustrated or upset--and it was a long time to work on one project. I see how my being calm and staying patient helped him remain calm.

During the work, he said to me, "Thanks Mom for helping me with this, I am so glad you are here to take care of me and I don't have to be in foster care." It was one of those moments that made me feel really glad to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment