Monday, April 26, 2010

Diarama

We are currently working on a diarama for Ryan for school. This is the one project that I have hated for all of the years the kids have been in school. I think this is why God only allowed me to have two kids, had I had to do more than 2 diaramas, I may have gone off the deep end.

Ryan read the book, "The Magician's Nephew" from the Narnia series. He is doing a scene of the forbidden study. Jim has done A LOT of the work for the project, thus, it will be done well and do the finest detail. Today we took a picture of some books on our book shelf, cropped it down to very small, then printed 130 pieces on one page, so you can imagine how small these pieces are. Jim built book shelves and we glued the pictures (after trimming away all the white) on to the book shelf. I am not sure how many there are but in the book it talked about all the books that were in the study. He took a fireplace picture from a catalog he had and made a mantle for it. I had some scrapbook embellishments that looked like picture frames. He took a photo of flowers from our yard and printed it and put it in the frame to look like a portrait on the wall. I will post pictures of the whole project when we are done. I think coloring Easter eggs could have been less painful!!

I will keep you posted.

1 comment: