Monday, April 19, 2010

Suffering a Loss in My Life




Wait, before you start to worry, no one died (well,...) but I have suffered a huge loss over the weekend. I worked nights on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Thursday and Friday on my way to work, I just drank regular old coffee from my new Keurig Coffee maker. Love it, it is so convenient. On Saturday, I started work at 7:30pm so I thought I would stop at McDonald's and get a Frappe. I had had one earlier in the week and thought it was pretty much as close to the best thing in the world as I could imagine. Drank it all down and enjoyed it immensely. While at work, my boss said to me, "Hey, Christine, you know, I stopped at McDonald's on my way to work tonight and got one of those Frappes." Hmmmmm, I thought and said, "So did I!" She proceeded to tell me that for some stupid reason unbeknownst to me (the telling me part), she had looked up the nutritional value of the drink. Now, for someone who wants to know this kind of information, it is wonderful that the internet provides a vast supply of information. For those of us who would like to remain clueless and drink these things thinking, "What harm in a little bit of coffee (plus some extras)?" we do not want nutritional information. If you go to the McDonald's web site and look it up, it is nearly criminal. Granted there is not a lot on the menu at McDonald's that is nutritionally sound, maybe a salad without dressing or the Dasani water, but beyond that, not much. However, nothing at all comes even close to putting a person in pure ecstasy as the Frappe. I almost had a coronary when I saw what she pulled up. Nearly 700 calories, something like 96 grams of carbohydrates, and the fat was so high a number, I can't even recall it. I wanted to cry. I wanted to kill her for telling me this. I saw right then, I lost any thought of stopping every night on my way to work for something to comfort me and keep me awake.

So, there is the story of the loss in my life. Not a total loss, I plan on having one once in awhile, but a loss nonetheless.

Oh, here is my new car. I am loving it, I really prefer driving a car over a van or SUV. Not OVER like I am driving over something, but in reference to my preference. It is bedtime and I am getting a bit punchy.

Goodnight and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments: