Monday, April 5, 2010

Today's calendar

On my calendar from the book "The Power of a Praying Parent" it says, "No matter what age your children are, it's never too early or too late to start praying for their salvation. We want our children to open the door of their hearts to Jesus and experience God's kingdom, both in this life and forever after."

That is basically the just of my whole life as a mother. I do not care if they become successful in this world as much as that they find true peace and a relationship with Jesus. That is far more valuable than any degree or career they can have.

Jim spent the night at the homeless shelter on Friday night. Dan was asking all about the people who were there. I was surprised by his interest. Ryan hung out for awhile at the shelter and visited with the men. I think he may have learned a bit about homelessness, etc.

Dan went to church with us yesterday (it is a requirement of free room and board). I was a little taken back though that he got in line for communion. I hope he really understands the meaning of that and truly believes in his heart what the meaning is. I really wish he would confess his belief if that is really what he believes instead of making such strong statements against it. I guess he will have to decide if being hypocritical is really what he wants to be.

ok, gotta stop blabbbbbering.

No comments:

Post a Comment