Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Roasting

That is not how I would explain what it feels like outside right now, although, this has been a considerably mild winter thus far...hopefully, it doesn't decide to become not so mild in March or April, but, we are in Wisconsin. Anything can happen here--except a Superbowl win!!

But anyway, on with the cooking stories. I have been a little lax in keeping up with my entries and keep forgetting to take pictures of what I have made. If I would take the pictures, I would at least remember what I had made.

Let's see what I can recall and what I can get from the few photos I have:

I decided to make granola from a recipe I had used many years ago out of my "More With Less" cookbook.  Believe it or not, I had all of the essential ingredients in my pantry. It was fun to make. The cereal is pretty tasty.


 I bought this magazine in hopes of getting some ideas of what to cook. I haven't really even had a chance to try anything out of it because of all the other recipes I have been using. It will be there when I need it!
 Finished Granola. Can you smell it?

 Tonight we had a roasted chicken. Last night we had roast beef. I did it the way Mom used to with searing it and putting it in the oven covered with potatoes and carrots. I probably roasted it a bit longer than I needed to, maybe I was trying to imitate the length of time we always had to wait to eat Sunday dinner. It was tasty nonetheless. Ryan said, "I really wish we could have mashed potatoes sometime." He is getting tired of skins on his potatoes. So, today I did a chicken and mashed potatoes, green beans and homemade bread. As you can see by this photo, the chicken was tasty. And, there are no more potatoes on the plate either. Ryan looked at me at one point and I could just tell he was so FULL!! But, he loved this meal. We all did.
Last week I made a couple of other dishes that I didn't photograph, they are on my Pinterest page. One is the Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes. Yummy!!! We had a salad with that and an unexpected guest so it was fun to share that meal with someone else.

On Sunday before the sad football game, I threw together another recipe off Pinterest. It is called Million Dollar Spaghetti. It was!! Rich, but oh so good. It was super easy and if you can modify it to make it a bit less fat, but it is not very low calorie, that is for sure.

Well, I think that is all I can tell you about this week's cooking. Not sure what is on the menu for tomorrow. I probably should go a bit "lighter" for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment