Thursday, January 29, 2015

Math Lessons for Dinner

We'll just start with dessert. I made Chocolate Lasagna. I couldn't resist this one, it looked easy and I made it with some lower fat and less sugar items, so it isn't absolutely the worst a person can do. 
 I simmered my chicken stock all day, thanks to lots of advice I got on Facebook. It smelled tasty by the end. I put it in a large container to cool and will separate it out tomorrow into smaller portions and freeze it.
 This was what I needed for dinner. I used one cup of my fresh stock. I made this stir fry because I thought it looked awfully tasty. Well, it was tasty and it was awful. But, Ryan liked it, so 1 out of 4 isn't bad. And, in honor of the math lesson of the day, 25% of the family liked it. That would be 0.25 in decimal. 1/4 in fraction. Glad we have an even number in our family and that math is easy.
 I recorded the steps since I was accused of not having food pictures lately. Someone thought maybe I had quit cooking. No!! I am still at it. Just less photography along the way.
 The veggies looked so good...and they weren't bad, nor was the chicken, just the flavor in general was not a favorite. I think it was the ginger that did it.
 But, presentation is important.
 Rice with a tad bit of quinoa tucked in it, I am gradually introducing it to the family.
 But, the dessert--that was amazing. Super easy to make, way easier than real lasagna and a big hit among our 100% chocolate lover family.

Thanks for reading. Sorry the stir fry wasn't more exciting.

I did make a scone this week too, lots of work to get it right, but oh, it was also very tasty. I repeated the cabbage rolls last night and tweaked the recipe a bit. I will be tweaking it back next time, per request of 33% of the family who ate last night.

I love math.
Oh, I would be remiss to not mention the other changes our family has made. We are now reading from the Bible at the end of the meal. This was a challenge by our pastor last Sunday and I decided that if I was cooking for the body, someone better be helping the soul. So, we began. Ryan chose the book--Judges. He wanted to hear the story of Samson and Delilah. So, Jim started...if you haven't read the first chapter of Judges in a while, it is a huge challenge to pronounce all of the people and cities. We got through it though. Jim read the first two nights and Ryan read the third chapter tonight. He got to read about the left handed judge and a really fat guy. I said to them all, "The Bible is not boring!" Can't wait to see what else we are going to learn from the Judges.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment